Friday, December 09, 2005

The Breast Views Blog: GLORIA STEINEM

When I was attending University back in the 80's, Gloria came to speak. At that point in time I would have leg wrestled anyone on any topic dealing with women's rights, so focused was I on beating the pulp out of 'the oppressor'. Gloria was the Queen of Feminists in my mind. I sat rapt throughout her talk. It was a heady, slightly agitated time.

Both Gloria and I are older and I will boldly say wiser now. I'll add calmer, and more confident too. Your legs are now safe.

You may find Ms. Steinem's speech from the 3rd Annual Women & Power Conference, organized by Omega Institute and V-Day worth a read.

LEAPS OF CONSCIOUSNESS SPEECH BY GLORIA STEINEM

Sue Richards

Other blogs about breasts and female plumbing can be found here and over here.



1 Brilliant Observations:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's got some great points to make. Totally worth the read. Thanks for continuing to be a clearing house for wisdom and new perspectives, Sue.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Hit Counter